Bratislava, September 9, 2023 – The Euro Interleague Baseball Final Series kicked off in spectacular fashion as the Slovakian team, BK Apollo Bratislava, faced off against the Hungarian contenders, Red Wolves Budapest, at Apollo Field in Podunajské Biskupice. In a high-scoring clash, the hometown team emerged victorious, setting the tone for in first final game. While both teams displayed their offensive prowess, it was the standout performances of several key hitters that truly stole the show.
Here are the top three hitters who left their mark on the game:
1. Adam Zacko (BK Apollo Bratislava)
Adam Zacko, the center fielder for Apollo Bratislava, had a stellar outing. Zacko’s ability to get on base and drive in runs proved invaluable to his team’s success. With an impressive batting average of .364 and an OPS of .955, Zacko proved to be a formidable force at the plate. His three runs scored and two RBIs were instrumental in Apollo’s commanding victory.
2. Matej Rudohradský (BK Apollo Bratislava)
Behind the plate for Apollo Bratislava, catcher Matej Rudohradský showcased his hitting prowess. Rudohradský’s consistency and clutch performance were evident as he boasted a remarkable batting average of .476. He contributed significantly with two runs, three hits, and three RBIs, playing a big role in Apollo’s offensive onslaught.
3. Ricardo Castillo (Red Wolves Budapest)
Despite Red Wolves Budapest facing a tough loss, their third baseman, Ricardo Castillo, displayed his power-hitting abilities. Castillo launched a home run and collected two RBIs during the game, showcasing his ability to change the momentum with a single swing. His contributions at the plate were a bright spot for the Hungarian side.
Something about pitchers:
Red Wolves Budapest:
• Márk Magas (L): The starting pitcher for Red Wolves Budapest, Márk Magas, pitched 4.2 innings, allowing 10 runs (7 earned) on 9 hits. He issued 7 walks and struck out 4 batters, finishing with a 3.50 ERA.
• Félix Kende Kovács: Kovács entered the game in relief, pitching 3.0 innings, during which he gave up 6 runs (6 earned) on 6 hits. He walked 5 batters and struck out 2, resulting in a 9.00 ERA.
• James Kontur (W): The winning pitcher for Apollo Bratislava, James Kontur, delivered an outstanding performance, throwing 5.0 shutout innings. He allowed only 1 hit while walking 5 and striking out 5, finishing with a sparkling 0.75 ERA.
• Jaroslav Kosna: Kosna took the mound for 2.0 innings, surrendering 6 runs (6 earned) on 7 hits. He walked 3 batters and struck out 3, resulting in a 7.00 ERA.
• Juraj Bartók: Bartók pitched 1.0 inning, allowing no runs on 0 hits. He issued 1 walk and struck out 2 batters, finishing with a 1.50 ERA.
The opening game of the Euro Interleague Baseball Final Series was a testament to the outstanding talent on both teams. Fans can expect even more excitementtomorow. Stay tuned for what promises to be an unforgettable championship battle between these European baseball titans.